As one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing homewares retailers, Dunelm have a constant need for high quality warehousing and distribution facilities which are not only highly efficient in their operations, but also minimise their environmental impact.
The new facility at Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal (DIRFT) in the East Midlands benefits from fast access to both national road and rail links; which improves the speed of deliveries on their way in and on their way out of the site, whilst also minimising all resulting transport emissions.
To further improve their environmental credentials, Dunelm’s new site has also been designed to achieve an EPC ‘A24’ rating and a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ rating, incorporating features such as 15% roof lights, rainwater harvesting and LED lighting.
How we helped
In line with the site (and Dunelm’s) focus on efficiency, we worked closely with Dunelm’s team to design and configure the site security, fire and life safety systems to provide the best protection, whilst maximising efficiency through the provision of:
- Site wide Access Control system which also covers speed gates and full height turnstiles
- IP Intercom
- Category P1 Fire Alarm system with over 180 devices
- 1 x DDA compliant 2 lane speed gate system and 1 standard speed gate system
- Induction loop
- Full height turnstile
- Intruder Alarm system connected to over 60 devices
- Site wide PA system with more than 40 speakers
- IP CCTV system providing comprehensive coverage (including the very latest fisheye cameras), HD CCTV monitors and external columns
- High speed data infrastructure with over 190 points and data cabs connected by 12 core fibre optic cable
- Over 170 portable Fire Extinguishers and associated Fire Safety signage
100 Avebury Boulevard
Find how we’ve designed and installed a suite of advanced and connected security, fire safety and life safety technologies to maximise occupant safety and security.
UK Battery Industrialisation Centre
Find how we’ve worked in partnership with key stakeholders to create a comprehensive suite of security, fire and life safety systems in line with the project’s future focused operations and to ensure effective protection of the site’s users as well as their intellectual property.
University of Wolverhampton
Find how we’ve connected the university’s security, fire and life safety systems to improve day to day operations and save costs.
National Brownfield Institute
Find how we’ve designed and installed a value engineered suite of security and life safety systems to protect the Institute’s iconic new premises and all of it’s staff, students and visitors
To find out more about how we can help add value to your organisation; why not get in touch.